Based on the past 10 days
New year, new resolutions, and there’s been an upsurge of homeowners wanting to convert into solar energy. It’s completely understandable because it offers various benefits in terms of costs, our environment, and tax, making it a desirable decision. The only significant problem is the number of solar companies available in the United States. There’s such a vast amount that it can showcase difficulties when selecting a company.
However, that’s where POWERHOME Solar comes into play. They’ve been a favorable option for a considerable amount of time because of their customer service and company culture. Each complements the other perfectly, offering solar consumers a seamless process.
The company itself is a massive player within the industry. Therefore, we wanted to develop a comprehensive review of the business to see how it compares to the top solar companies in the US. Here’s what you need to know:
Although the headquarters for POWERHOME Solar is in Mooresville, North Carolina, their operating reach is far more extensive. Unlike other solar companies, the number of states that POWERHOME offers its services and products is enormous. They operate in West Virginia, Virginia, Texas, Tennessee, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, North Carolina, Missouri, Michigan, Kentucky, Kansas, Indiana, Illinois, and Georgia.
When evaluating the top solar companies, payment options are significant. People want to go solar, regardless of their financial situation, because it’s a cheaper and healthier alternative. It’s only fitting that POWERHOME Solar has targeted this problem excellently by offering two payment options. These are:
- Third-party financing – The first and most accessible is the third-party financing option. Those with adequate credit scores can apply for third-party 100% financing that requires zero down payment and no prepayment penalties. Having this included allows individuals that are strapped for upfront cash the opportunity to invest in solar power.
- Full purchase – All solar companies offer this next payment option, full purchase. As clearly stated by the name, it’s when the client purchases the solar system in full, without a loan attached.
Not all top solar companies offer a zero-down payment option, making POWERHOME Solar’s payment choices superior.
For those financing, you’ll also be granted into their 12 months on us scheme, meaning they’ll cover your payment for the first year when purchasing one of their packages. Additionally, either option will make you legible for a 26% Federal Solar Tax Credit discount, other state-related incentives, and military discount.
Answer a few questions to find the best solar deal in your area.
Unlike most top solar companies, POWERHOUSE offers comprehensive packages that completely transform your energy efficacy and consumption. Apart from their standardized, high-quality equipment in terms of solar panels and batteries, they also offer the following-:
- Nest thermostat
- LED light bulbs
- Smart Power strips
- Faucet aerators
- Hot water temperature card
- Hot water heater blanket
- Attic baffles
- Attic staircase cover
- Blown insulation
This, along with their innovative solar systems, allows solar users to minimize their energy usage, helping our planet further.
It can seem somewhat problematic when initially thinking about taking the leap to solar. However, all the top solar companies around the country have implanted an easy-installation system that makes the process seamless. For a better understanding of POWERHOME Solar’s procedure, see the following:
- Provide minor details – Firstly, you’ll need to supply POWERHOME Solar with some basic information in which they can determine whether your property is suitable for solar (they check this via satellite).
- Evaluation – If your property passes its tests, a representative will visit your property in person for furth inspections. During this stage, they’ll also investigate your current electricity bill and design a system suitable for your usage.
- Consultation – Once they’ve developed a system and plan that’s adequate for your property, you’ll go through to the consultation period. Here they’ll guide you through all the pricing plans and answer any questions you might have.
- Installation – Afterward, if you’re happy with the quote and system, they’ll then go ahead and install the system.
All top solar companies require extensive warranties to guarantee their consumers are “risk-free” for a period of time. At this current stage, they offer three warranties that cover the following:
- 30-year linear power performance warranty
- 25-year product warranty
- 25-year workmanship guarantee
These, combined with the other excellent features offered by POWERHOME Solar, make them one of the top solar companies in the industry. With these warranties, consumers don’t need to worry about their system becoming defective any time soon.
Unlike other solar companies, POWERHOME Solar only provides one type of battery storage. With their system’s they use the well-known batteries from Generac. The company itself has been around since 1959 and is considered the number one brand in residential battery storage. Therefore, you can trust quality within these.
Pros & cons
Undeniably, the above is a ton of information to digest. Therefore, to simplify this review, we’ll split the evaluation into two sectors: pros and cons. Doing this will allow you to visualize their advantages and disadvantages better.
- With their third-party financing options, consumers will be given the option of a $0 down payment
- They support you with optimal discounts via state, federal, and military incentives
- Unlike many other companies within the industry, POWERHOME Solar only use American-made solar panels that ensure top-quality
- At this current moment, there isn’t a leasing optional available
- Many people have complained about their customer service line, saying it’s slow and unresponsive at times
- There have been mixed reviews based on quality control, but positives suggest they acted on the issue promptly
After reading the above, you should be able to feel the superior influence of POWERHOME Solar. They’re a great company that has over 2,000+ employees and 30+ thousand customers. Although they’ve lacked in the customer support section, their equipment, packages, and warranties make them stand out from the rest.
Although they’ve fallen short in some areas, they’ve excelled in others. All companies within this sector have their pros and cons. However, POWERHOME Solar has advantages in the right areas. For this reason, we’d say they’re one of the top solar companies within the industry.