Based on the past 10 days
If you’re searching for the best solar companies in the United States, then you may have come across Sunnova. This solar company is well-established across most states in the US and is trusted by over 100,000 homeowners. They’ve managed this by offering a complete comprehensive solar package, such as solar panels, battery storage systems, and even roof replacements, to guarantee their customers the best possible solar energy.
Needless to say, they’ve made a significant impact within the solar industry, and that’s why we’ve developed an in-depth solar review on the company. Is Sunnova as good as people say? We find out below:
Before we get into the thick of it, let’s discuss the available states that Sunnova offers its services in. Unlike various other solar businesses, Sunnova has quite an extensive coverage. Here’s where you’re able to get a Sunnova solar system installed:
- Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Saipan, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Virginia.
As you can see, Sunnova covers an astronomical number of states within the US. This is very unlike other solar businesses, making Sunnova one of the best solar companies in terms of coverage.
When conducting solar reviews, what really makes a business shine in this industry is its payment options. With Sunnova, they offer three different types of payment options, here’s what you need to know:
- Lease – with lease options, you benefit from having a solar energy system (e.g., better for the environment and cheaper utility bills), but don’t pay for the system. Instead, you “rent” the solar system from Sunnova, meaning they own it.
- Loan or finance – if you’d rather own the system, Sunnova has a payment option for you. Here, you can purchase the system through a loan or finance agreement and pay in monthly installments.
- Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) – This is the most popular payment option in the US because Sunnova along with various other companies will maintain and replace any breakages that may occur for free. With this option, you’ll get the benefits of owning a solar energy system, but Sunnova will own it and charge you for what you use.
As you can see, there are various payment options you can select from when opting in for a Sunnova system. But what about purchasing the system outright? Surprisingly, Sunnova doesn’t offer this payment option, but they have a buy-out option with their Power Purchase Agreement.
Answer a few questions to find the best solar deal in your area.
When it comes to products and services, Sunnova excels in this category, allowing them to compete with some of the top solar companies in the US. As mentioned above, they’re a very comprehensive solar company, meaning you can purchase all your solar needs under one roof, such as:
- Home solar – when it comes to home solar, Sunnova has everything. This includes your solar panels, racking systems, inverters. You name it, Sunnova can supply it.
- Battery storage – along with the systems, they also offer Tesla’s battery storage system the Powerwall and have all the certification to ensure it’s implemented into your system correctly.
- Roof replacements – not all roofs are built the same, and some are better than others when collecting solar energy. If you need a new roof to guarantee optimal performance from your system, Sunnova can aid you with assistance.
Sunnova is known for its quality services and equipment. Again, making their solar review look rather impressive. But, how does their installation process look like?
Investing in a solar energy system can seem highly dauting to most. Because of this, solar companies need to provide a simple yet effective installation process from the approved agreements to switching the system on.
Most solar companies implement this into their customer’s journey superbly, and Sunnova follows suit in six simple steps:
- Approved agreement
- Site survey
- Final design and approval
- Permitting, installation, and city inspection
- Utility connection
- Switching the system on
During the installation, Sunnova will take care of all the processes, paperwork, inspections, and practically all the organizing that needs to happen before turning your system on for the first time.
When undergoing a solar review, one thing we always look out for is their warranties. Solar energy systems are expensive and long-term. Because of this, you’ll want to be covered by an extensive warranty to ease your mind. Here’s what Sunnova’s warranties look like:
- Roofing – whether you opt-in for their roof replacements or not, they offer a 10-year roof warranty to ensure you don’t have any leakages.
- System components – You’ll obtain a 25-year no-questions-asked warranty on all defective goods with all system components.
If you want added protection, they also offer two packages Sunnova Protect and Sunnova Protect Services. Sunnova Protect covers their systems, and Sunnova Protect Services covers systems that they don’t provide.
Something essential for all solar reviews is the companies battery storage options. Sunnova uses the most recognizable battery storage unit that most of the top solar companies offer. Yep, you guessed it, this is the Tesla Powerwall.
Pros & cons
To finalize this solar review on Sunnova, let’s discuss some pros and cons about the company. This way, you’re able to see if it’s suited to your requirements.
- They offer all solar needs, meaning they’re a one-stop-shop for all your solar requirements.
- Sunnova only supplies quality solar equipment to its customers to ensure optimal solar performance.
- Unlike other solar companies, Sunnova doesn’t offer a buy payment option, only lease, loan or PPA.
- The reviews on the customer service don’t look outstanding.
After becoming knowledgeable on this solar review, I’m sure you can accurately judge whether or not Sunnova is ranked with the best solar companies in the United States. They have some really great elements about their business, and also not-so-great ones. However, all in all, they’re a solid solar company, and it’s more than worth checking them out.